Medication Refill Request
Our fastest and preferred way to request a refill is the medication refill link below.
- Online requests may take up to 24 business hours.
- Phone requests may take up to 48 business hours. For phone requests, call (302) 655-7110, ext 241.
- All requests after 3 pm on Friday may not get filled until 5 pm on Monday.
- Your pharmacy will let you know when your refill is ready.
- You will sometimes have refills on your prescriptions, please check your bottle. If you have a refill, it is fastest to contact your pharmacy and have them fill it for you.
- Our office will not take pharmacy refill requests.
- Medication concerns or changes will often require an in-office visit.
The following will be taken into consideration when requesting a refill:
- Patient was seen within the last 3 months
- Patient is scheduled for their next follow-up visit
- Patient is consistently keeps appointments
- Patient has a $0 balance with the office or is currently on a payment plan
- 90-day prescriptions are NOT guaranteed but can be approved given the above statements
For any medication questions regarding side effects, change in dosage and/or medication, please contact your prescribing physician or nurse practitioner.
- If a patient no-shows or late-cancels an appointment and is requesting a refill, a $10 service fee will apply. Once paid and rescheduled, a patient is required to be seen within 3 weeks. Your provider will allow enough medication to get to your next appointment.
- Lost or stolen medication will result in a $10 service fee only if the refill is authorized by your prescriber. If a controlled substance (stimulants for ADD, anxiety meds), a police report must be provided.
For more information about your medications or refill requests, call Norman Broudy, MD & Associates of Wilmington, Delaware, at (302) 655-7110, ext. 241, or request an appointment at (302) 655-7110.